1) Public Review for the updated guideline on Modelling Statistical Domains in SDMX
The SDMX Statistical Working Group (SWG) propose a revision to the “Modelling a Statistical Domain for Data Exchange in SDMX”. The new guideline, now called “Modelling Statistical Domains in SDMX” is now available for public review. This process will be open until 4 June 2018. Feedback is welcome before the deadline.
This revision is a complete overhaul of the existing guideline “Modelling a Statistical Domain for Data Exchange in SDMX”. In summary, the changes are:
- The addition of multiple domain modelling (as opposed to only a single domain)
- How to document data flows into a diagram and then use it in the modelling method
- How to decompose a starting set of indicators
- Steps on how to optimise the model
- How to decide if a concept should be a dimension, attribute (in a DSD), or reference metadata (in an MSD)
- Several other additions and references to other guidelines
Please send your comments to the SDMX Statistical Working Group (SDMX-SWG) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Pilot Review: Global DSDs for the System of Environmental-Economic Accounting (SEEA)
The Ownership Group for SDMX implementation for macro-economic statistics (SDMX-MES OG) mandated a technical sub-group to propose global Data Structure Defintions (DSDs) for the implementation of SDMX in SEEA. The sub-group on SDMX for SEEA is composed of representatives from Eurostat, FAO, OECD, UNECE, UNSD and UN Environment.The overall scope of the work has been defined to cover SEEA priority accounts as mandated by the UN Statistical Commission.
For more details, see the dedicated page for this pilot review. This process will be open until 31st July 2018. Please send any comments you may have on the package to ESTAT-SUPPORT-SDMX@ec.europa.eu and Daniel.Suranyi@ec.europa.eu.
3) Public Review for the updated SDMX-JSON Data Exchange Format
The SDMX Technical Working Group (TWG) has updated the SDMX-JSON Data Exchange Format which is now made available for public review. This process will be open until 16 July 2018. Feedback is welcome before the deadline.
The SDMX-JSON Data Message format supports the SDMX 2.1 Information Model and works together with the SDMX 2.1 RESTful Web Services API for data queries. The SDMX-JSON format is streamable from a supporting web service in order to limit the amount of server resources.