Leveraging SDMX tools and technologies for enhanced collaboration and knowledge sharing
The 9th Global Conference on Statistical Data and Metadata Exchange (SDMX) will be held 29 October to 2 November 2023 in Manama, Bahrain on the theme of Empowering Data Communities.
The Global Conference is a bi-annual event for the official statistics community worldwide to share information on recent and upcoming SDMX developments.
The 2023 event, co-organised by the SDMX Sponsors and the Bahrain Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) with support of ESCWA and Banca d’Italia, will bring together a broad range of official statistics compilers and users from national, regional and international agencies, academia and the private sector.
Proposals are invited for presentations. Please submit abstracts by 20 August 2023.Areas of particular interest include:
- New Techniques and Technologies for SDMX: Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Natural Language Processing, and others
- Integrating SDMX in the statistical value chain and linking to other standards including the Validation and Transformation Language (VTL), eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL), and others
- SDMX partnerships, cooperation, and capacity building
- Innovation in SDMX data visualisation and publication from a data consumer perspective
- Strengthening data governance and data management with SDMX
- SDMX 3.0 implementations and use cases
- Issues managing microdata, data sharing and access
The five-day programme consists of three days of plenary sessions followed by two days of SDMX capacity building and training with tracks for both beginners and experts. There will also be an exhibition space providing groups, organisations or commercial companies with the opportunity to showcase any products, projects or initiatives on the theme of SDMX or official statistics.
New for 2023 will be the first SDMX hackathon bringing together developers, statisticians and data experts to collaborate on innovative solutions for real official statistics use cases. The hackathon will be held before the main event with the results announced during the conference.
Participation at the SDMX Conference is free of charge, but travel expenses are the responsibility of the participating organisation.
Visit sdmx2023.org to register and for more information including proposal submission guidelines.
Any questions? Please email email@example.com.Date of event: 29 October 2023 – 02 November 2023 Location: Kingdom of Bahrain and watch online